Galleries Museums and Collections, Parks and Gardens

Map Address Visit Website Enquiry

Sarina Museum

Railway Square, Sarina 4737

Ph: 0749562436



Sarina Museum, located at the Field of Dreams parklands in Sarina, celebrates the past while preserving the stories for the future.

Boasting a colourful history itself, the museum is housed in a former Catholic presbytery, built in 1923 that was later used by the Sisters of Mercy convent from 1925. As the first Catholic school in Sarina, the building was home to 82 nuns prior to its closure as a convent in 1987. After serving as a parish centre for the church and a home base for the Respite Care Centre, the presbytery was offered to the Sarina Shire Council for use as a museum in 1998 and moved to the Sarina Field of Dreams complex in 2001.

In addition to the museum building, Sarina Museum is also home to Memory Lane, a series of plaques celebrating those who have made contribution to the Sarina district and continue to serve and enrich the community.

While you visit, be sure to take a look at Sarina’s first fire engine dating back to 1937. Having been fully restored it is now located behind the Museum within the parklands.